中国科学院上海生命科学研究院神经科学研究所机构知识库
Advanced  
SIBS OpenIR  > 神经所(总)  > 期刊论文
Title: Evaluation of beta-amyloid peptide 25-35 on calcium homeostasis in cultured rat dorsal root ganglion neurons
Author: He, LM ; Chen, LY ; Lou, XL ; Qu, AL ; Zhou, Z ; Xu, T
Source: BRAIN RESEARCH
Issued Date: 2002
Volume: 939, Issue:40910, Pages:65-75
Keyword: beta-amyloid peptide ; calcium channel ; calcium store ; ALZHEIMERS-DISEASE ; INTRACELLULAR CA2+ ; PRECURSOR PROTEIN ; CHANNEL FORMATION ; OXIDATIVE STRESS ; CORTICAL-NEURONS ; CELLS ; NEURODEGENERATION ; MECHANISM ; FORMS
Subject: Neurosciences & Neurology
Corresponding Author: Xu, T (reprint author), Huazhong Univ Sci & Technol, Inst Biophys & Biochem, Wuhan 430074, Peoples R China,
English Abstract: Accumulation of beta-amyloid (Abeta) protein in brain is an important characteristic for the etiology of Alzheimer's disease. Of all the possible processes generating the neurotoxic effects by Abeta, disruption of intracellular Ca2+ homeostasis is the primary event. In this process, various intracellular Ca2+ regulatory mechanisms are reported to be involved. Using patch-clamp techniques, both low and high voltage activated Ca2+ channel currents were recorded in the cultured dorsal root ganglion (DRG) neurons. Application of Abeta protein fragment, Abeta(25-35) (2 muM), for 30 s increased the amplitude in both currents. The Abeta-triggered facilitation effect of Ca2+ channel was found in all the depolarized potentials tested, as shown in the current-voltage relationship. Furthermore, after applying single cell Ca2+ microfluorometric method, it was found that Abeta(25-35) alone Could trigger elevations of intracellular Ca2+ concentration ([Ca2+](i)) level in 90% of the cells tested. The elevation diminished completely by cumulatively adding CdCl2, NiCl2, thapsigargin (TG), FCCP and ZN(2+) in the normal bath solution. Combining pharmacological approaches, we found that voltage-dependent Ca2+ channels, Ca2+ stores and a putative Zn2+-sensitive extracellular Ca2+ entry, respectively, makes 61.0, 25.1, and 13.9% contribution to the [Ca2+](i) increase caused by Abeta. When tested in a Ca2+-free buffer, mitochondria was found to contribute 41.3% of Abeta produced [Ca2+](i) elevation and the remaining 58.7% was attributed to endoplasmic reticulum (ER) release. (C) 2002 Elsevier Science B.V. All rights reserved.
Indexed Type: sci
Language: 英语
Content Type: 期刊论文
URI: http://ir.sibs.ac.cn/handle/331001/2056
Appears in Collections:神经所(总)_期刊论文

Files in This Item: Download All
File Name/ File Size Content Type Version Access License
He-2002-Evaluation of beta-a.pdf(471KB)----开放获取View Download

Recommended Citation:
He, LM; Chen, LY; Lou, XL; Qu, AL; Zhou, Z; Xu, T.Evaluation of beta-amyloid peptide 25-35 on calcium homeostasis in cultured rat dorsal root ganglion neurons,BRAIN RESEARCH,2002,939(40910):65-75
Service
Recommend this item
Sava as my favorate item
Show this item's statistics
Export Endnote File
Google Scholar
Similar articles in Google Scholar
[He, LM]'s Articles
[Chen, LY]'s Articles
[Lou, XL]'s Articles
CSDL cross search
Similar articles in CSDL Cross Search
[He, LM]‘s Articles
[Chen, LY]‘s Articles
[Lou, XL]‘s Articles
Related Copyright Policies
Null
Social Bookmarking
Add to CiteULike Add to Connotea Add to Del.icio.us Add to Digg Add to Reddit
文件名: He-2002-Evaluation of beta-a.pdf
格式: Adobe PDF
所有评论 (0)
暂无评论
 
评注功能仅针对注册用户开放,请您登录
您对该条目有什么异议,请填写以下表单,管理员会尽快联系您。
内 容:
Email:  *
单位:
验证码:   刷新
您在IR的使用过程中有什么好的想法或者建议可以反馈给我们。
标 题:
 *
内 容:
Email:  *
验证码:   刷新

Items in IR are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

 

 

Valid XHTML 1.0!